March 30, 2015
Landed back in DC yesterday after living for two years in Beijing and the first ten things that made us go Wow were:
- Wow. I smell Cinnabons; the first smell that hit our noses on entering the airport
- Wow. The roads are so wide and clean with hardly any cars. We traveled the equivalent of all across in Beijing in maybe 15 minutes
- Wow. Everyone speaks English. We can talk to everyone!
- Wow. We can order food online so smoothly. The menus are in English and the websites are user friendly
- Wow. We can be on Facebook without VPN
- Wow. Authentic or not, American Chinese food tastes good!
- Wow. We can choose whether to heat or cool our room
- Wow. The face tissues are so soft
- Wow. The mattress is so bouncy
- Wow. The sky is a sparkling blue with such pillowy white clouds!